Sampling code examples
(see NAS folder):
- Granular Synth
Midterm ideation exercise
1) Review the concepts covered in class so far + the exercises you have done. Write down ideas that inspire/intrigue you. A specific concept you’d like to explore in more depth, a type of interface / interaction, anything.
2) Write a first concept draft. What idea will you explore? Think of sonic/musical/visual/interactive references & context.
3) Start sketching the interaction. Musical elements & mappings.
4) Start drafting program in pseudocode. Look up relevant objects in docs / examples.
Discussed ideas from students:
- ZZ: very long sample. Some refs:
- Dyadra: colorful instrument / VR. Some refs:
- Playthings by George Michael Brower
- Family by Björk
- Baaria: infinite triangle. Some refs:
- Mary Kate and Skye: words, everyday language. Some refs:
- Chassol, procedural harmony
- Angela: choose your own adventure, found sounds (radio, dialog)
- Maria: harmony, narrative