At first, I checked out a moisture sensor, trying to make a little box to hide the blue/circuit part, and sorta protect it from water. So I started using Fusion 360 to make a case similar to what Matt showed us in class. But after 3 hours, the software froze, and after I reopened it, the project was gone. Although it showed that there was a recovery file, but nothing happened after I clicked it. Then, Tyler asked me what it was and I told him this was a sensor. He inspired me to make a walrus by telling me “the sensor looks like the teeth of walrus”. Thus, I decided to make a walrus on Tinkercad. I found one simple design on Thingiverse. Downloaded and loaded it in Tinkered. I added cylinder hole according to the size and position I measured with calliper. This is what it looks like.
First printing! Somehow the walrus was slightly tilted and the stomach and the feet were not fully/perfectly touching the workplane, so when the 3D printer was printing it, the base was not a full structure that could support the walrus. After around 20 minutes, Matt and I decided to stop it and take a look at my 3D file. We found out that the problem was that the walrus was not horizontal/slightly tilted. So Matt suggested me to adjust the walrus and add another box hole to make the stomach and feet touch the ground flat.
After the second time printing, the walrus was almost what I was expecting. Although the 3D printer didn’t generate a supporting structure for the head, but it didn’t really matter. I filed the head to make it more smooth and made the holes bigger to fit the sensor better.