Project Title: The Revolutionary iPhone Case.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: For a long time, a lot of my friends’ from NYUSH have been fans of a cool sticker-like cardholder that was distrubuted by Student Life. People have been dying to get one because it is so convenient and easy to use. Hence, I had an idea of creating a phone case that already has a cardholder attached to it. This way, the cardholder part will never fall down or detach from the case. Moreover, since the materials I am going to use are going be super flexible, the case will not only provide room for your card but also protect the phone from damage.
PERSPECTIVES AND A CONTEXT:
To be honest, I wasn’t particularly inspired by anyone or anything, I just got an idea out of thin air. I’ve always had the cardholder and a couple of time I would lose the cards because they would just slip away. So, I thought why not create my own case that would address this issue and make it easier to carry around.
- People will have a better phone case that can be used both for damage prevention and card holding.
- Convenience is a significant factor.
- Your card will not slip away.
- You will not lose the cardholder itself because it’s going to be one piece.
- The design is flexible and can be updated to facilitate different people’s tastes.
- There is been a lot of similar phone cases that have the same features but most of them were flawed in a serious way, so it would be nice to attempt and fix that.
PROJECT DESIGN AND PRODUCTION:
- Blender, Rhino.
- LulzBot Mini.
- Vinyl Cutter for the sticker on top
Resin, silicon. Anything that is flexible enough.
I want to first 3D model it in Blender or Rhino, then print it multiple times to find a better scale. Later on, I will design a sticker that will be used on the side of the case.
I’ve already started working on the 3D modeling part. So far so good, it’s going pretty smoothly and easily.