- Overview of the video project
Our video project is mainly about a story of a man/woman’s life by showing their actions on a table in different life stages. We have used many interactive features in the web page to help people get more engaged in the life presented to them and have a better personal point of view
Out link for the website is:
- Work division
Harry: Video Editing (introduction video, general video), audio editing, web design (main homepage), Video
Miki: Web design (beginning page, main homepage), Video Editing (Rough cut), drawing
Ian: Video and audio editing (main video elements)
- Working process
- Story Ideas brainstorming and Storyboard Drawing (Apr. 1th – Apr. 9th)
We got the idea of using table as at tool to reveal a people’s life from a video on the Youtube call “Mirror”, which uses a mirror as a way to reflect the passage of time and the age of the character. We try to create a similar one by using a different tool. And the biggest challenge we have thought about at that time is the transition between different life stages.
- Video shooting and resources collecting (Apr. 10th – Apr. 21st)
However, during the video shooting process, we find that there are so many others things to concern with even we shoot video indoors. The main problem is the light and the audio. We can not guarantee the sufficient lightning and a rather quitter place where the recorder can only record desirable voices. We conducted video shooting two times. And by the time we finish our shooting, we have found out that the transition is actually very hard to be made to move smoothly and the story is actually a little boring for the audience without good transition.
- Video Editing, Audio Editing, Web Design (Apr. 21st – Apr. 27th)
During the web design and video editing part, we try our best to add interactive features and interesting voiceover in our video to make it more personal and engaging. We use Tascam to record two versions of video depending on your gender.
(gender choose features)
- Personal Contribution
- At first, I help enrich and complete the storyboard based on the idea raised up by Miki. I have come up with ideas about several transitions between different life stages.
- Also, I am in charge of part of video shooting during our second video shooting process, and I also help record some of the voiceovers of the video by using Tascam with Miki.
- When it comes to the video editing part, with the cooperation of my team members, we have brought up with the basic structure of the web. Also, I came up with the idea of editing an introduction video at the very beginning to attract the audience and create certain atmosphere. Besides, I also help combine different video clips edited by Ian to make sure the white balance and transition goes on smoothly (I edit video by using both Adobe Premier and Final Cut Pro X)
(Drag and drop function)
- I am also in charge of designing the main home page, the biggest challenge of the page is the “drag-drop” function we want to use. Thanks to Jiwon’s and Miki’s help, I finally add “drag-drop” in our website successfully.
I think this video project is the most rewarding one since I have successfully get engaged in every process of making an interactive online video: video and audio shooting and editing as well as the web design. I thought I have made a breakthrough in the web design part by studying the “drag and drop” function with staff. I also believe our video project is a project combining all the things we have learned: web design, audio, video, pictures.
Admittedly, there are still something to be improved. The first is that we need a more scientific arrangement of times rather than work overnight before the deadline. We should make a clear plan at first instead of letting procrastination control us. Another thing is about learning Adobe products such as premier. Though it’s not that user friendly compared to Final Cut Pro, but I think I can learn more about the software by exploring more times on the potential of it rather do simply cut and paste. All in all, time management is very important in doing every project, and help every group member has a better time management is also crucial.