Face Anim Progress Saturday 11/11 MAKEUPCLASS Cha Mi Kim

**All files are in NAS: folder titled “ck1925_DSFA_FA17_A3PROGRESS”

I first redid my hair because before, I had too little hair strands that was giving me bald spots even with full volume:

Applied hair groups:


Cleaned up the hair in Outliner:

Played with three point lighting with spotlights:

Sculpting facial expressions in Mudbox:

Connecting to Maya and importing expressions to keyframe:

Response on Sweetie


I agree that the AI decoy was very effective in catching the ungruad predators online. At the same time, it’s 100% safe since there’s not actually human that’s acting as the decoy. It’s only ones and zeros that are attracting the attention of the pedophile. Personally, I got no problem with the entrapment here since the act of the predators itself is illegal and it doesn’t really matter if the police are designing everything up. However, it would be hard to decide the crime if the people getting caught knew that they are dating an ai. They could defend themselves by saying that they knew they are not going to harm any actual being. Of course, people don’t necessarily get violence for playing a lot of video games. Gamers that love killing bots in games are not really likely to kill people on the street in daily life. However, when it comes to pedophilia, it’s hard to set a line here on telling weather if this individual is going to extend his leaning from computer graphics to an actual human.

Response to the sweetie project follow-up

At the first glance of this project, I was amazed by the high similarity to the reality it gains in the quality of its digital scuplting as well as the fluent human-machine interaction based on artificial intelligence technology.

At that time, when I was first exposed to the character-based sculpting, I simultaneously start thinking about its commercial value and more basically how I can employ this kind of technology to serve my future career. However, the sweetie project sheds light on a new perspective with solid standing on morality, which is definitely far more profound than my point of view.

The aim on its website “prevent sexual exploitation” reads:

“With Sweetie 2.0, Terre des Hommes and its partners, with the support of the Dutch Postcode Lottery and its participants, can prevent hundreds of thousands of children from becoming victim of this horrible form of sexual exploitation. After all, that is the main goal of Terre des Hommes: to let children grow up safely.”

The most important thing when it is related to the preventation of any disgusting conduct is to apply the support of law into the punishment of crimes. It is good to see that after a long progress of technical development. The legal procedure took a significant step to make the results gained from this valueable technology meaningful.Law provides the foundation and legal mandate for a response to human trafficking, including sex trafficking, and to commercial sexual exploitation of minors. Legislation can help advance prevention strategies, empower prosecutors and law enforcement to apprehend traffickers and other exploiters of minors, and ensure that services are available to minors who are victims and survivors of commercial sexual exploitation and sex trafficking.


As we talked about it in class, sweetie is a very impressive project only in its technical self, not mentioning the usage of it. I looked up/ tried to gather information on what it takes to build a life like model like that today, sort of wanted to see if I could make a face following some instructions, but I realized it’s much harder then making anything we’ve learnt so far. About the meaning, I think it’s a great way to get proof of someone’s actions regarding child pornography/tackling child sex abusers without using a real kid as a bait. Personally, I din’t know the scale of this problem, and makes me sad that even though there is a way to catch the abusers, authorities will not do anything.

Child abusing exists and authorities are overlooking it.
Child abusing exists and people are overlooking it.
Child abusing exists.
Child abusing exists but we should not overlook it.