IMA show prints!(Ronan)

A2:  These images haven’t been edited in PS;

https://alpha.editor.p5js.org/RonanChang/sketches/SJbg9Y0ZM

https://alpha.editor.p5js.org/RonanChang/sketches/H1ARTKRWz

 

https://alpha.editor.p5js.org/RonanChang/sketches/Sy-HYcC-z

https://alpha.editor.p5js.org/RonanChang/sketches/ryWwKjCZM

This one is animated and I couldn’t see the preview of the whole design because t

  .

https://alpha.editor.p5js.org/RonanChang/sketches/SyGkhiRWf

Week14: Final Project (Jerry)

Introduction:

My final project is about the branding of a tea company. My goal is to create a systematic design for all the elements of the company, that by looking at only one or two of these elements will the customers know that what they’ve seen are from the same company, and when they see new products from the company, they will recognize them very fast.

Process:

To reach this goal, my approach is to create tea packaging (small and big), business cards, event posters, and bags for three typical tea from the company by using repetitive elements throughout the whole design. In this case, it’s the color, the logo, and the pattern.

By using code, I create the logo and the patterns for each tea category.

With these patterns and logos, I started to work on the different variation of the design itself. The main thing that I was working on is to keep the design simple but strong. By saying simple, it means that the design should not contain too many information. The pattern, the logo, the text, the color, that would be enough.

After my first design, I went to many people for feedbacks and got a lot of valuable suggestions. After consideration, I made some changes on my design, and finally, the tea packaging look like this:

It’s very sad that I don’t have the chance to work on the poster and business card yet, but I will try my best to get them done before Friday so that the show will be even stronger!

Final Project Documentation

The Tea Shop Project

My final project aim was to design labels for a tea/milk tea shop, which could also be used as as a stencil for latte art, as well as individual logos for customers and the tea shop. I wanted to make this design so that instead of having written labels for tea/baristas in shops which were typed/written, they would be able to interpret a design with shapes instead. At the same time, I got the idea of designing latte/tea/coffee stencils from the brainstorming in class which I thought was cool. The concept of having a dynamic design is so that each person can generate their own tea logo depending on their own tea drinking preferences, and with the design, both the person and the shop would know how someone likes to drink their tea.

Here is the link to the sketch: http://alpha.editor.p5js.org/mhf273/sketches/rJBzJCsZz

Continue reading

Programming Design Systems – Final Project

My final project was to redesign new bottle logos for Tsingtao Brewery as I felt their current designs lacked a shared identity. After doing market research, it was evident that although many varieties of Tsingtao do exist, they really only push three types: original, ice, and draft. So, I decided to focus on these three. My biggest challenge was designing a body and neck for each bottle that looked like they belonged together. To remedy this, I created a base “shape” pattern that would serve as the neck logo, then replicate that shape many times for the body. This gave a sense of unity not only between the neck and body, but also between the different bottles.

The most enjoyable part of this design was creating and tweaking the rules to these shapes and seeing what zany combinations could come out of them. On the other hand, I struggled mocking up the designs on real bottles in a way that looked sleek and professional. Overall, I learned an incredible amount about design in general, javascript, and most importantly, the advantages/limitations of using code in design.

Slides here

Code Below

Continue reading

Programming Design Systems| Asiya| FINAL

The idea was inspired by the bounce house and slides company logo. I wasn’t a big fan of it and wanted to have a simple yet structured logo. Moreover, since they offer different types of slides and bounce houses, I decided to make a new logo with different bounce houses so that the logo, whether on the website or business cards, has variations in the same style as well as the randomization factor of the circles’ position surrounding the logo. The hardest part was coming up with the designs and color scheme. The shapes are fairly simple but require hard values instead of variables. Overall, I am somewhat happy with the final product.   Here are the examples of the design, website and business cards. Link to the project in the editor: https://alpha.editor.p5js.org/heyasiya/sketches/SJeWxcGgf
Link to the pdf presentation: final_bounce_house