When we started everyone had a similar general idea to create a project attached to clothing that would make a noise depending on a certain movement. We eventually decided on a project that was most similar to Arizona’s yoga band idea and Angelina’s step/music idea. Together we decided to create a set of wristbands that would make a sound when a certain motion was done. Initially we wanted each of us to have two wristbands, each set to a different tone so that together they could play a song when moved. We quickly realized, however, that this was not going to be possible because of the amount of work it would involved compared with the amount of time we had. We started by prototyping with a buzzer and a remote on an Arduino. This was able to work fairly well, although we had problems with the remotes not sending signals to the receiver. We found several remotes that worked and then tried to move the whole circuit onto a Lilypad Arduino. After struggling with the coding for a long time, even with the help of Professor Antonius, we found that the libraries were not compatible between the devices we were using. Because of this we were forced to go back to using a regular Arduino for our project. The next hurdle was the remote and how to activate the tone. We wanted to use a tilt sensor to activate or deactivate the tone, so we planned to short circuit a remote so it would always be on, attach a tilt sensor and that would determine whether a signal was sent or not. After trying to use copper tape and trying to solder the remote, we eventually had to settle for pressing the button as well because neither of the other methods were short circuiting the remote. We cut a button out of the remote top and taped it back on in place over the button we were using in the remote. Unfortunately, the button was still really difficult to use and needed to be pressed down hard in order to connect. We soldered the remote to a 3V coin battery and a tilt sensor so that when the button was pushed and the remote tilted it would turn the tone on and off. Once the Arduino was attached to the breadboard we had initially used for prototyping, we were ready to put the circuit and remote onto wristbands so it could be worn. The Arduino, AA battery pack and breadboard were all connected and large enough to require three wristbands. We used black and pink more for aesthetic choice rather than for any other particular reason. Slits were then cut into the top and bottom of the middle wristband and one end each of the top and bottom wristbands. Carefully we put the circuitry into the wristbands with the arduino in the middle, the breadboard at one end, and the battery pack at the other. The wristband with the breadboard also had a hole in the top layer of fabric in order for the remote sensor to receive signal without being blocked by the fabric. The remote was put into a separate wristband with a hole cut out of the center of the Adidas symbol so it was easy to locate where the push button was. When we initially tried it on, I had the Arduino wristband on one arm and the remote wristband on the other. Immediately we realized that I couldn’t push the button with one arm while trying to point the remote at the same arm. Once someone else put on the remote wristband, we tried it and the buzzer made a tone– it worked! A few flaws with the system include the bulk of the Arduino, the heat of the battery back inside the wristband, the difficulty in pressing the remote button, the overall size of the Arduino wristband and lack of room for a normal sized wrist because of the bulk, and the delicacy of the breadboard in the wristband. When I put on the Arduino wristband just before we presented it, several of the wires connecting the Arduino with the breadboard came undone because of pulling the wristband on. Overall, for future use I’d like to see the circuitry, batteries and all, reduced in size. It would also be nice to have an easier button (aka short circuited or otherwise) and the ability to play more than a single tone.