Think about your final project, pick an idea, requirements (involves with color mapping, pixel/shapes drawing and geo location elements). Write a blog post of your progress, focus on the research of dataset and conceptual sketches).
Learned how to draw Great Circle Arc. ( Algorithm )
Sample Code: download
Note: You can switch map region inside setupMap() function by giving right coordinates.
You may noticed the horizontal lines across the globe, it may be caused by the drawArc() function I ported from python, will update when I have time to dig into the code.
China Flights Map:
World Flights Map:
- PVector https://processing.org/tutorials/pvector/
- Projection http://www.gicentre.net/utils/mapprojection/
- Shape Data http://www.amcharts.com/svg-maps/
- Image Export http://learnosm.org/en/map-design/tilemill/
Dive into the dataset you will get from Moves.app, and write down your ideas of how are you going to visualize it in a blog post.
Learn the process of data visualization.
- Load Data ( load data from CSV file into object class )
- Analyze Data ( find the data range )
- Draw Shapes ( based on randomly generated data set )
- Mapping Color ( based on the data )
- Link Data ( to your generated graphs )
- Plot Data ( onto a big canvas )
- Export Data ( save as pdf )
- Refine and re-arrange your data graphs
- shape_basic (drawing basic shapes)
- shape_diagram (using basic shapes to compose diagram)
- shape_transform (using transform to create diagram)
- color_spectrum (draw color spectrum in HSB mode)
- color_spectrum_block (reduce color spectrum into color blocks)
- color_spectrum_map (mapping color by using H/S/B)
- color_lerp (get intermediary colors from two samples)
- control_p5_basic (slider and text label)
- control_p5_random (randomizing the graph)
- control_p5_data (loading data into graph)