How intelligent can robots be?
Solve this maze: Link
Win this game: Link
What is Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) ? What is the Turing Test? Go vs Chess? Link
Who was Kasparov?
Neurons in software
With no middle layers, OR, AND, NAND, NOR are easy to implement.
With a middle layer, a XOR can be represented.
Example: Arduino as a neuronal network
Robot Operative System
The ROS is a general purpose system that helps the most advanced robots work:
Industrial robotics link
Service robotics link
A growing industry
Final Project Guidelines
- Each student / team of two students will present their creation within 10 minutes
- Block diagram with all the electronic components
- Sketches of the physical appearance, not only to see how it looks like but the C.O.G.
- Functional Diagram (either finite state machine, flowchart or pseudo-code)
- Proof of concept: mechanics, electronics and software
- Be ready to be asked: why is it a robot? why not a machine? is it alive? is it intelligent? does it help humanity? does it explore any frontier of current knowledge?
- Three aspects will be evaluated: Concept ( the story behind ), Design ( sketches and iterations) and Functionality ( actual prototype and diagrams )