Pixels and Introduction to Computer Vision
- Assignment review
- Array(1 Dimensional data) vs. Pixels (2 Dimensional Data)
- Pixel Iteration and Manipulation
- In-class Exercise: Practicing Pixel Iteration and Manipulation with an image
- Real-time Pixel Manipulation with images from webcam
- Pixel Manipulation + Particle Movement
- In-class Exercise: Practicing Pixel Manipulation
References & Readings
- Reading: Computer Vision for Artists and Designers by Golan Levin
- Reading: Learning Processing – Chapter 1 Pixels
- Reading: Learning Processing – Chapter 15 Images
- Reading: Learning Processing – Chapter 16 Videos
- Video: GPU vs. CPU (NVidia)
- Program an interactive or alternated portraiture with Pixel Iteration or Manipulation.
- If you want to challenge yourself, what about a portrait that gradually becomes visible through movement of particles? Or, you could also create different feelings depending on the overall distribution of colors of the webcam image. (For example, if there are a lot of red colors, more dynamic, if more blue colors, more calming)
- Please feel free to reach out to the instructor if you struggle with coming up with ideas.
- The exercise should be uploaded to Kinetic Interfaces google drive folder by midnight every Saturday so that the instructor has enough time to review your work. You should upload not only your source code but also all of your media assets, such as image, sound and video so that the instructor is able to execute the program.
- Additionally, your work process should be documented on the documentation blog. Your documentation needs to include sufficient amount of screenshots and video captures along with descriptions.