Assignment 5 – Arduino on Textiles – Groups of Two – Due Thursday, 3/30.
- Arduino Uno or DFRobot Beetle
- 220 Ohm Resistor (LED)
- 10K Resistor (pushbutton)
- Conductive Thread
- Portable Battery
- Arduino IDE
Your challenge in this lab is to make your first Arduino project and try to implement it on a piece of textile. The requirements are:
- It has to have a soft-circuit social input, such as a fabric pushbutton or fabric force-sensitive-resistor, that can be activated by another person.
- It has to provide some sort of output such as an LED or a 5V buzzer
- It has to be powered by battery.
- You have to write the code yourself. You can base it off of the example provided in circuits.io from last class.
Many of you will not finish this project during class time. You will have to finish it on your own time. Schedule office hours with the instructor or with the fellows for extra help. Document your entire process. You each have to submit individual documentation.
Examples from previous semesters: